PSIVT2009 offers about a dozen grants to support participation of full-time students who present their own papers from universities outside of Japan.
It is expected that each successful candidate will be supported for his/her total cost for accommodation and travel expenses. The amount of the grant per successful student does not exceed the upper limit of 30,000JPY. The successful student must present the receipt of the payment of the airfare and/or accommodation to PSIVT2009 in order to receive the grant.
Applications for a subsidy should be registered authors of accepted papers and should provide:
- Full-time student name and his/her affiliation
- Student email address and his/her adviser's/supervisor's email address.
- Conference registration payment confirmation
- Accepted paper title and its ID
- A signed letter (in PDF) of recommendation from the Head of Department or thesis adviser, which says, for example, "I (adviser) certify that (student) is a full-time student and his/her presentation is unlikely/difficult without this support ....."
All the information above must be sent by student's adviser not by the student. Complete applications should be sent to
psivt2009 at nii.ac.jp with the subject of "[Student Grants]" by November 25, 15:00 (GMT+9). We don't accept any application after this deadline. Decision will be informed by December 12, 2008.
Please note that the number of the grants depends on the available budget and speakers will be given preference in the selection process.
psivt2009 at nii.ac.jp(replace '
at' by '
© PSIVT 2009 Organizing Committee All rights reserved.